As Southern SARE grantees work on their outreach plans and develop project products related to their grant, they are required by USDA-NIFA to acknowledge SARE funding in the materials that are developed.
The following guidelines are intended to assist grantees as they develop grant-related materials, such as posters, presentations, published journal articles, fact sheets, bulletins, videos, webinars and other products. Contact Ian Bennett at firstname.lastname@example.org for questions regarding SARE acknowledgement guidelines.
- The use of the SARE logo is required.
- The following acknowledgement is required for all initiatives supported by NIFA and funded by SARE: “This material is based upon work that is supported by the National Institute of Food and Agriculture, U.S. Department of Agriculture, under award number XXX-XXXXXX-XXXXXX through the Southern Sustainable Agriculture Research and Education program under subaward number LS21-XXX. USDA is an equal opportunity employer and service provider.” Grantees must reference the prime award under which they originally received the grant, adding reference to the Southern region and the SARE project number.
- In addition to the acknowledgement statement, whenever practical, grantees are required to include NIFA’s official identifier in publications, posters, websites, presentations and other materials resulting from their award.
- Grantees must include the following disclaimer on all publications and materials, except for scientific articles or papers published in scientific journals: “Any opinions, findings, conclusions, or recommendations expressed in this publication are those of the author(s) and do not necessarily reflect the view of the U.S. Department of Agriculture.”
- Accompany a photo release form with project products that have been developed granting SARE rights and permissions to use the images, videos and/or figures in current and all future information projects. Uses may include (but are not limited to) the internet, news releases and print publications.