Scholarship recipients are individuals who attend conferences, field days, workshops and other events generally through Southern SARE’s Professional Development Program. For example, Extension agents or mentor farmers who attend events through their State Ag Coordinator are referred to as scholarship recipients. Southern SARE may also reimburse scholarship recipients in other instances. For example, if graduate students, researchers, farmers or other ag professionals attend events to present their SSARE funded research projects through SARE sponsorship, or if professionals are invited to SARE events for speaking engagements.
Refer to the SARE Scholarship Travel Guidelines for reimbursement. In order to have expenses reimbursed for SARE-related travel, the following documentation is required:
- The SSARE Professional Development Program Request for Travel Funding if you are traveling through the Professional Development Program.
- The UGA Supplier Form (completed online at https://suppliers.uga.edu).
- A copy of the Southern SARE Scholarship Travel Expense Statement.
- A copy of the Non-employee Payment Form.
- Enclose all original receipts (except for meals and mileage). It is requested that receipts be taped to an 8.5 X 11 sheet of paper to prevent loss. All receipts must be in the name of the traveler. NOTE: Meals are not included in travel scholarship reimbursements without prior SSARE approval. Mileage rates are reimbursed at 56 cents per mile.
- If meals have been pre-approved, refer to the SARE Scholarship Travel Guidelines to calculate your reimbursement.
- A copy of the event agenda, or event flyer showing the name, location and dates of the event.
- A qualifying statement indicating justification of the individual attending the event. In general a qualifying statement is….”John Doe is the county extension agent (or mentor farmer, etc.) and will be doing training from things learned at XYZ event.”
The documents and original receipts must be mailed. E-mails requesting travel reimbursement with attached forms and receipts will not be accepted. Mail the travel reimbursement packet to:
University of Georgia – Griffin Campus
111 Stuckey Drive
Stuckey Building, Room 203
Griffin, GA 30223-1731
We recommend you make copies of the forms and receipts for your files.