Traveling as a SARE Member

SARE members include Administrative Council Members, State Ag Coordinators, and State Program Assistants.

Refer to the SARE Travel Guidelines for details on reimbursements for airfare, hotel, meals, and miscellaneous expenses. In order to have expenses reimbursed for SARE-related travel that is not associated with a funded grant project, the following documentation is required:

  • The UGA Supplier Form (completed online at This form is required for reimbursement, but only needs to be completed one time. If you completed this form from prior travel reimbursements, you can skip this step. DO NOT COMPLETE ANOTHER FORM. If your address has changed, contact Amanda Hollar at to request a change of address.
  • A copy of the SARE Travel Expense Reimbursement Form.
  • A copy of the Non-employee Payment Form.
  • Enclose all original receipts (except for meals and mileage). It is requested that receipts be taped to an 8.5 X 11 sheet of paper to prevent loss. All receipts must be in the name of the traveler. NOTE: Receipts are not required for meals, which are paid by per diem. Government GSA meal per diem rates do not apply when traveling within Georgia. Contact Amanda Hollar at for current Georgia meal per diem rates. Mileage rates are reimbursed at 56 cents per mile).
  • A copy of the event agenda, or event flyer showing the name, location and dates of the event.

The documents and original receipts must be mailed. E-mails requesting travel reimbursement with attached forms and receipts will not be accepted. Mail the travel reimbursement packet to:

Amanda Hollar
Southern SARE
University of Georgia – Griffin Campus
111 Stuckey Drive
Stuckey Building, Room 203
Griffin, GA 30223-1731

We recommend you make copies of the forms and receipts for your files.

State Ag Coordinators and State Program Assistants must receive approval of travel reimbursement through the Professional Development Program before travel reimbursement can be processed. Contact David Redhage ( or Shelley Bennett ( for more information.