If reimbursement is being paid directly to an organization due to one or more individuals attending an event as representatives of that organization, the following documents are required:
- An invoice on the organization’s letterhead.
- The UGA Supplier Form (completed online at https://suppliers.uga.edu).
- A copy of the Southern SARE Scholarship Travel Expense Statement, or an itemized list of each traveler’s name and expenses.
- Enclose all original receipts (except for meals and mileage). It is requested that receipts be taped to an 8.5 X 11 sheet of paper to prevent loss. All receipts must be in the name of the attendee. NOTE: Meals are not included in travel scholarship reimbursements without prior SSARE approval. Mileage rates are reimbursed at 56 cents per mile.
- If meals have been pre-approved, refer to the SARE Scholarship Travel Guidelines to calculate your reimbursement.
- A copy of the event agenda, or event flyer showing the name, location and dates of the event.
The documents and original receipts must be mailed. E-mails requesting travel reimbursement with attached forms and receipts will not be accepted. Mail the travel reimbursement packet to:
University of Georgia – Griffin Campus
1109 Experiment St.
Stuckey Building, Room 203
Griffin, GA 30223-1731
We recommend you make copies of the forms and receipts for your files.
NOTE: Per University of Georgia policy, only hotels/motels are allowable lodging establishments for reimbursement. Businesses, such as Airbnb, Vrbo, HomeAway, condos/townhomes, or similar vacation rentals are not allowable lodging services. International travel is not allowed.